Call for applications: Communications Officer’s position
Location: work from home or being based in our WSCF-E Trento office
Hours: 1 day a week, flexible work arrangement (32 hours monthly)
Start Date: Between 1 June – 1 July 2017, or according to contract
Duration: 1 year with the possibility to extend for up to 3 years and expand for up to 2 days per week upon successful evaluation
Remuneration: € 320 euro gross monthly (taxation according to taxation law in the candidate’s country, possible taxes and social payments done by the worker)
Our organisation, World Student Christian Federation- Europe, is a small umbrella NGO which has member movements all across Europe. Our Trento-based staff, together with a group of motivated volunteers, work for our members and interested people to realise our vision of just and peaceful communities in our societies.
We work with young people and students to create bridges across barriers of religion, Christian denominations, nationality and gender. We raise awareness of key issues of our times and educate and empower youth. Can you help make our vision have a tangible impact?
We are looking for a creative person that can help us with digital communications work. You will get many opportunities to learn – improve your technical skills in organisational communication, PR; as well as your project management skills. You can live anywhere in Europe, as the work will be utilizing online platforms, and will be coordinated via emails.
What will you do?
Social media administration and content development (60%)
- 2 Newsletters- once in two months and the other newsletter once in 4 months
- Website administration and moderation
- Facebook moderation and content development
- LinkedIn organisational account administration and updating upon request
Communications projects (40%)
- E- Christmas and Easter card development
- assisting in less complex poster design
- Creating online applications/surveys/etc.
- Any other communications tasks as need be (promotional brochures, etc.)
When it comes to social media – your role will be to oversee and to produce our bi-monthly Newsletter and quarterly Alumni newsletter using Mailchimp; to administer and moderate our website and to post new content; to produce simple visual elements for our content; to update our Facebook page with relevant content from our website and our partners’ announcements. Beside this, each month there will be some work on producing communication materials which can range from calls for event applicants, calls for event team members or event participants, etc. or any other.
As this job can be done from anywhere in Europe, you are free to work when it suits you during the week. Important shall be to meet the deadlines and to produce work in timely manner. You will be responsible for your work to WSCF-Europe regional committee who will evaluate your work after the probation period of 3 months. There will be regular communication established between you and your line managers (WSCF-E Chairperson and Regional Secretary, representing WSCF-E regional committee).
Reporting of worked hours shall be done on weekly basis to oversee your workload and adjust hours if need be and compensate overtimes.
What should you have?
You will find a downloadable file with detailed required characteristics and skills for this position here.
Applications and interviews
- Application deadline is 20 March 2017 (extended)
- Interview process: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for 1 hour interview which will be conducted via Skype. You will also receive a small task to show us how you can use the basic tools you will need in your work.
- To apply, please send a CV and your motivation letter stating why you would be a good match for this position, referring to the person specifications. Send it to Zuzana Babicova (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For any informal conversation about the job, please contact Zuzana Babicova at the above email address. We are looking forward to hearing from you!