Newsletter Editor position has opened at WSCF-Europe!
You can become one of WSCF Europe’s Editors! You will help us to publish our monthly newsletter to share information, maintain visibility and engage our SCM members. Together with the other Editors, you will help to connect our member movements online and to widen their ecumenical horizons!
Qualifications / skills required:
- Excellent command of English writing, spelling and punctuation
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to follow through on assignments
- Ability to motivate and work with others or the desire to improve yourself in these areas
- Orientation and basic training provided
- Assist with the development of yearly plan and timelines.
- Work with the Communications Officer and the European Regional Committee to determine the content for monthly newsletter
- Redesign newsletter layout
- Collect and edit articles for newsletter; and write articles as needed.
- Submit articles in a timely manner and meet email blast deadlines
- Proofread the final versions of the newsletter
- To ensure the topicality and the quality of WSCF Europe social media
- To ensure that there is a constant stream of freshly selected information in the disposal of WSCF members
- To engage SCMers in both online content as well as in our “fieldwork”
In addition to the pride in yourself and heart-warming sense of knowing you have created a stellar newsletter, you will receive:
- Appreciation and acknowledgement of the talent, hours and energy that you volunteer
- One free copy of WSCF Europe’s publication Mozaik after each publication
- A tangible product to add to your portfolio
- You will have a chance to travel to 1 WSCF Europe’s international conference, travel costs reimbursed by WSCF-Europe
- You will improve your skills of
- organisational communication
- working in virtual teams
- working with MailChimp and newsletter production software
Reports to: Your work will be guided by a Communications Officer of the WSCF Europe. The overall work on Communications is supervised by the European Regional Committee (ERC).
- 5-10 hours monthly
- October 2015 – June 2016 (with possibility of renewal)
To apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter to WSCF-Europe Chairperson Zuzana Babicova at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any additional information, also contact email@example.com.