Is your organisation thriving, full of students interested in ecumenism, social justice and making the European community welcoming to all people? Then it’s probably a perfect match to join WSCF Europe.
The process begins with first becoming a contact movement, then moving to become an associated movement and finally reaching affiliation.
A Contact Movement is recognized to share the values of WSCF; is willing to co-operate with WSCF in our work or aspires to become a member movement itself. Contact movements keep in regular touch with WSCF-Europe and send students to our events.
Associated Movement participates fully in the regional and international activity of the WSCF, but, for whatever reason in the judgment of the ERC, does not meet the requirements for affiliation or does not want to become an affiliated movement.
Affiliated Member Movements can send up to two delegates to the European Regional Assembly with the right to speak, present recommendations and provide candidates for election to the ERC, however only one delegate has the right to vote on the Associated Movement’s behalf.
- Affirm the aims of WSCF (see Appendix A);
- Have more than one branch. At least one of its branches should be, where possible, based in an institution of higher education;
- Welcome members from all the main Christian denominations in their country, or be actively involved in ecumenical dialogue at a local or national level;
- Organise workshops, conferences and/or campaigns for Christian students;
- Be willing to communicate and share ideas with WSCF and other national SCMs;
- Be willing to take part in the activities of WSCF;
- Be willing to take part in the structures of WSCF, including sending delegates to the European Regional Assembly (ERA), nominating members for the European Regional Committee (ERC), and sending delegates to the WSCF General Assembly (GA);
- Fund members to take part in WSCF activities, or be willing to help members raise funds to take part in WSCF activities.
Affiliated Member Movements can send up to two delegates to the Regional Assembly with the right to vote, speak, present recommendations and provide candidates for election to the European Regional Committee (ERC).
Please contact the European Regional Committee Chairperson for more information about organisation membership in WSCF Europe.