for the term 2015-2017
Would you find it interesting to work with donors and funds?
Are you interested in having professional contacts all around Europe?
This is a great chance to build your professional and inter-personal skills and experience!
The World Student Christian Federation – Europe (WSCF-E) is a part of a global fellowship of Christian students committed to dialogue, ecumenism, social justice and peace. Now we are seeking a Fundraising Coordinator for our leadership team, the European Regional Committee (ERC).
As many European youth organisations, especially Christian ones, we are facing major challenges to sustain our financial balance. But where there are challenges, there are also opportunities and so this position is full of exciting potential!
The main goal of this Coordinator will be to
- represent WSCF Europe to different (potential) donors;
- expand our network of national and European contacts to churches, foundations and official institutions;
- help in developing a regular donation system for Friends of WSCF-E;
- explore new sources of funding, including crowd-sourcing and online fundraising;
- frame our work, our goals and visions in a way that is accessible to our both donors and our members alike;
The role also entails taking a share in the general leadership work of WSCF Europe. This includes the attendance of two in-person meetings of the European Regional Committee per year as well as regular Skype meetings.
The Coordinator will be supported by the WSCF-E staff in the Regional Office, as well as our Senior Friends network and the WSCF Centennial Fund.
Participation in WSCF-E events is encouraged and will be fully funded.
What we are looking for in an ideal candidate:
- previous experiences in fundraising and donor outreach (whether through your studies or voluntary work)
- passion for ecumenical dialogue and community-building among young Christians
- interest in both Christian social justice advocacy and theological reflection and exchange
- confidence to engage new challenges and find creative solutions
- reliability and commitment for the position over a term of two years
- very good English skills
- desired: personal link to and endorsement by one of our member movements
If you are interested, please send a presentation outlining your motivation and the skills that you bring to the task of Fundraising Coordinator to the ERC Chair Zuzana Babicová.