WSCF General Assembly
The General Assembly of the World Student Christian Federation
Bogotá, Colombia, 26 February – 6 March 2015
We are many. We are one.
Sent out to build God’s peace.
The World Student Christian Federation held its 35th General Assembly in February and March of 2015. The Assembly is held every 4-6 years and it is the moment for representatives from all of the member movements to gather and set the priorities and direction for the next years.
The WSCF, like others in the ecumenical community, recognizes that the landscape of the 21st century is changing dramatically. Therefore, this General Assembly came at a crucial time, as we evaluated these changes and examined our mission and vision, our communication and decision-making processes, and our work in light of them.
This Assembly served as a catalyst for the renewal of the movement for its sustainability and greater effectiveness in the years ahead.
Further we recognized that our contribution to change must be in conversation with ecumenical and church actors, as well as other global actors. We have to learn from each other as we build our capacities and strengthen our institution in pursuit of achieving our mission: to motivate and train young ecumenical leaders. Our goal is also to play a strong role in furthering God’s peace and justice in the church and world today.
At this Assembly we
- evaluated the work since the last General Assembly in 2008,
- considered and discuss new ways of working,
- affirmed the directions we have been developing,
- set clear mandates for the content and approach of the work in the coming years,
- reached a greater common understanding of the need for a more thorough going assessment of all aspects of our organizational and movement life.