Once a year WSCF-Europe organizes a meeting for Student Christian Movements to gather in one place, to meet with the WSCF Europe staff members, volunteer board members, and SCM representatives from other countries. This meeting is for all of you the opportunity to share the work you’ve been up to over the past year, as well as to learn new skills, make new contacts and to take lots of useful information home with you.
The 2017 edition of Staff and Officers’ meeting will be dedicated to learning how to run a campaign in your movement. As a case study we will be tackling into the No Hate Speech run by the the Council of Europe.
The Meeting will be held on April 1-6 2017 in Vilnius, Lithuania.
What are the benefits of this year’s edition of Staff and Officers meeting?
- Learning to run a successful campaign
- Get a starter’s pack on how to develop a specific campaign – No Hate Speech Campaign. This campaign focuses on xenophobia and exclusion of different social groups
- Knowledge sharing and support offer
- Meeting people working for and with Christian students across Europe, as well as the Regional Office staff
- Have fun and enjoy interactive activities
Who can attend?
Every Student Christian Movement (SCM/WSCF member movement) in Europe can send up to three representatives. You can be a participant if you are:
- WSCF contact person at your SCM
- Any staff member or any long-term volunteer from your SCM
- Member of your SCM’s national committee
If you want to know more about Staff and Officers meeting from last year you can find it here.
Application form: apply here (external link)
Application deadline: 10 January 2017
- the full participation fee is 200 € (covering 5 nights full boarding and other associated costs). The minimum participation fee is 50 €.
- Travel expenses can be covered by up to 80 % of total costs.
Financial/reimbursement guide based on solidarity is outlined in the application form.
We are open to your suggestions and ideas regarding the programme of the meeting. Let us know what would you like to discuss with representatives of other SCMs; which specific skills and activities that you would like to learn more about; which topics of spirituality that you are interested in. Your contribution is very important for us. Our Links Coordinator Jurgita Koženiauskaitė is awaiting your suggestions.