2017 Staff & Officers Meeting
Description of S&O
Once a year WSCF-Europe organizes a meeting for Student Christian Movements to gather in one place, to meet with the WSCF Europe staff members, volunteer board members, and SCM representatives from other countries. This meeting is for all of you the opportunity to share the work you’ve been up to over the past year, as well as to learn new skills, make new contacts and to take lots of useful information home with you.
What are the topics of the Meeting this year?
In 2017 our work will focus on promoting equal opportunity, human rights and respect for a human dignity as core principles of every inclusive and diverse society. Given the importance and urgency of the current immigration and refugee crisis in Europe, we believe that during this year we should be focused on addressing these issues and the challenges related to them. With this in mind, the WSCF-Europe will dedicate its Staff and Officers’ meeting to the capacity building training for its members on how to plan, engage and run a successful and effective campaign at local, national and European levels. This meeting will set the scene for the rest of the activities throughout the year and aims to empower, motivate and equip the participants to act as multipliers, beneficiaries and even leaders in the forthcoming activities. The course will help the participants to develop necessary competences (skills, knowledge and attitude) to become activists of human rights education and part of a wider No Hate Speech Movement.
The Meeting will be held on April 1-6 2017 in Vilnius, Lithuania.
What are the benefits of this year’s edition of Staff and Officers meeting?
The preparatory group of the meeting and the invited experts will ensure you will:
– Learn to run a successful campaign in your local community and at European level;
– Discuss and get practical tools on combating hate speech in Europe today, notably in relation to conflicts, extremism, refugee/immigration crises and gender;
– Increase your knowledge on Human Rights Education;
– Join the campaign A Year with No Hate that will be launched right after the training. Together with other participants of the training and with the support from the WSCF-Europe you will plan and run different activities throughout the year;
– Meet young people working for and with Christian students across Europe, as well as the Regional Office staff;
– Have fun and enjoy interactive activities.
Who can attend?
The meeting is open to the staff and volunteers from the WSCF-Europe member movements (SCMs) in Europe and to young people coming from Council of Europe member states who has interest in the topics of the meeting and is highly motivated to contribute to the training course and implementation of it results.
If you want to know more about Staff and Officers meeting from last year you can find it here.
Applications are now closed.
- the full participation fee is 200 € (covering 5 nights full boarding and other associated costs). The minimum participation fee is 50 €.
- Travel expenses can be covered by up to 80 % of total costs.
Financial/reimbursement guide based on solidarity is outlined in the application form.
Natia Tsintsadze, Regional Executive
Jurgita Kozeniauskaite, Links Coordinator
Pavlina Manavska, Co-Opted Member
Download S&O 2017 agenda (PDF) – version 24.03.2017
We are open to your suggestions and ideas regarding the programme of the meeting. Let us know what would you like to discuss with representatives of other SCMs; which specific skills and activities that you would like to learn more about; which topics of spirituality that you are interested in. Your contribution is very important for us. Our Links Coordinator Jurgita Koženiauskaitė (firstname.lastname@example.org) is awaiting your suggestions.
The project is financially supported by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe and the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission