Roles of ERC
All ERC Members
Main Goal: To manage the work of WSCF Europe as the key decision-making body of the Federation in Europe between ERAs.
- Actively participate in ERC email communications and Skype meetings in order to make decisions and shape the work of the Federation in Europe;
- Monitor and evaluate the work of regional staff, give regular feedback and ask for improvement where necessary;
- Attend four ERC in-person meetings in two years and be an active team member;
- Represent WSCF Europe at partner events.
- Facilitate prompt and efficient internal communication within the ERC;
- Be in contact with the other ERC members, discuss problems that they might have in fulfilling their role and bring them to the board or the ERC, if necessary
- Chair the board and its meetings;
- Keep an overview of the activities and projects of the region;
- Manage and support Regional Secretary and staff;
- Meet with partners and donors;
- Prepare ERC meetings together with the Board;
- Strategic organisational development;
- Mediate in cases of conflict;
- Crisis management.
- Work in cooperation with Chair on all responsibilities;
- Chair alternative meetings for the Chair;
- Assist in designing agenda for ERC Meetings;
- Develop, lead and implement operational strategic work. (E.g. reginal Give One Be One fundraising campaign, PR activities, member movement engagement, etc. );
- Contribute to strategic organisational development projects (e.g.: legacy, institutional memory, etc.)
- Prepare and manage the annual budget of WSCF Europe; monitor budget fulfilment over the course of the year and suggest any budget management solutions;
- Ensure WSCF-E accounts are professionally audited;
- Ensure office bookkeeping and cash management are completed to a high standard;
- Help to write budgets for funding applications and financial reports to donors;
- Be on the Board of the ERC
- Meet with partners and donors;
- Keep up contact and coordinate thematic working groups formed at the ERA and draw on their input, inspiration and support;
- Develop a theme or topic for conferences based on the recommendations of the thematic working groups;
- Assist with writing funding applications for any conferences;
- Assist with fundraising for conferences;
- Lead recruitment of a Preparatory Committee (prepcom) for conferences;
- Organise and attend prepcom meetings;
- Continue organisation via e-mail, Skype etc.;
- Lead the prepcom during the conference and fully attend the conference
- Be responsible for conference reporting and follow up activities.
Capacity Building Coordinator
- Keep up contact and coordinate capacity working groups formed at the ERA and draw on their input, inspiration and support;
- Help to write funding applications for any events;
- Assist in fundraising for events;
- Lead recruitment of a Preparatory Committee (prepcom) for events;
- Organise and attend preparatory committee meetings;
- Continue organisation of events via e-mail, Skype etc.
- Lead the preparatory committee during the event and fully attend the event;
- Contribute to event reporting and follow up activities.
Global Networking Coordinator
- Create awareness of SCMs across regions (for example by: sourcing articles from outside of Europe SCM ers to the WSCF-E monthly newsletter,etc.);
- Create awareness of other regions’ work in Europe;
- Identify ways to facilitate linking opportunities for SCMs outside of Europe;
- Support regional work that intersects with the work of WSCF. One practical example to facilitate this would be to serve as Proxy EXCO for the Europe region.
Regional Links Coordinator
- Support movement building in WSCF-Europe region, assist SCMs in growing their work by sharing advice and examples of good practice;
- Support networking between SCMs;
- Contribute to the development of the WSCF-E website and social media pages as a discussion and communication forum;
- Organize and participate in the annual Staff and Officers’ meeting preparatory committee meeting and lead and organise the entire event;
- Lead the outreach effort of the WSCF-Europe to new potential member movements.
- Help to write funding applications;
- Research and identify new sources of funding;
- Develop a database of existing donors and new sources of funding;
- Assist in developing and implementing a strategy for fundraising from Senior Friends of WSCF Europe;
- To be involved in all fundraising efforts for WSCF Europe activities;
- Coordinate fundraising working group formed at the ERA and draw on their input and inspiration and support for their position.
Two Executive Committee (ExCo) Members
- Attend ExCo Skype meetings and represent the views of WSCF Europe and the ERC to the ExCo;
- Monitor and evaluate the work of global staff, give regular feedback and ask for improvement where necessary;
- Sustain communication between the ERC and the ExCo;
- Attend all in-person ExCo meetings;
- Report on ExCo decisions and activity to the ERC;
- Fulfil all other duties as an ExCo member.